with dialogue, heart, and vision.
In the wake of the news media discussion of George Floyd including the historical context of ‘how we got here’, two Board Certified Behavior Analysts began to think that if Applied Behavior Analysis was missioned to change the world, then we a task analysis and actionable blueprint should be developed for systematic and incremental behavior change. While Reimagining the science of human behavior, Landria and Vanessa wrote a blog post as a call to colleagues. This vision soon developed into a Task Force.
Using our Science and Ourselves to For Behavior Change
- The Creation of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion within the field of applied behavior analysis leadership and boards
- Providing Clinician and Educator tools in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Educating and creating clinical competencies in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for fellow clinicians
- Serving as a partner and arm to community organizations who are working in local advocacy in areas of law enforcement training, school to prison pipeline, health disparity, and more.
- Providing clinicians with local initiatives to impact
- Collection of pre/post measures on the impact of targeted social initiatives
About Our Co-Founders
Vanessa Bethea-Miller is a Board Certified Behavior Analyst and PA Licensed Behavior Specialist. Vanessa is the founder of Bethea-Miller Behavioral Consulting and Shaping Tomorrow Child Care Services, an ABA based daycare and preschool.
Landria Seals Green is the founder and Executive Director of Momentum Autism Therapy Services based in Southeast Michigan and Principal Consultant at Landria Green,PLLC.
Board of Directors
Dr. Jonathan Tarbox is the Program Director of the Master of Science in Applied Behavior Analysis program at the University of Southern California, as well as Director of Research at FirstSteps for Kids. Dr. Tarbox is the Editor-in-Chief of the journal Behavior Analysis in Practice.
Dr. Amoy Hugh-Pennie, Ph.D., BCBA-D, LBA National Director of Clinical Operations at Understanding Behavior Inc. Instructor for The Children's Institute of Hong Kong- ABAI VCS Program Rugby & Martial Arts Enthusiast